Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Not George Michael's 'Different Corner', But Good Enough!


So today, I went venturing all over, looking for something to fill the corner of my apartment's kitchen.  I was tired of seeing my husband's coffee stuff all over the place, and was on the hunt for a more organized look, than what I had going on here~
You can't see the right corner very well, but it consisted of my mother's 50 year old spice rack, and all of his coffee stuff that he piles in the corner.  And P.S.-- I got rid of those ugly lamps! 
I went to IKEA, where I saw some shelving online for a cheap $6.  However, when I got there, I realized that the length was much too long for what I was looking for, and that they didn't have anything else there that was shorter.

Then, I went to Home Depot.  I found some crystal knobs that were about two weeks too late for another project, but that was it.  (When I had asked an employee about where to find wall shelves and brackets, he pointed me to an area of the store where I could hear someone sawing something.  NOPE!-- not wanting to make a big project over something I didn't want to spend the entire day on.)

So, as a last resort, I hit my local Craft Warehouse.  (The more I look online, it seems that the closest thing that comes to it, is some place called Hobby Lobby, for those of you who don't have a Craft Warehouse.)

No shelves.  Nothing that could clean up that corner, making it look a teeny tiny bit like Central Perk from Friends.  But I found a couple little plaques, that were just the right size for the shelves that I wanted.  And then I picked up some wrought iron hooks, that I mistook for brackets~
I still need to stain them, but they work, yeah?

Just the right size for the small wall space!

Overall, it cleans up the clutter.  Eventually, I'd like to get some kind of coffee and tea canisters (like something below), to put on the counter (as I only used the cake stand-- and the muffins I just finished-- at 11:30pm), for this photo's sake.

I saw this at Target, but opted for the "Oh Snap!  I forgot!" Missoni sale that hit the same day instead, getting my 5-year old a dress that sucked up my-money-for-the-rest-of-the-week fund.
                            

But with that said, I have an alarm that goes off at 7am, so bon nuit!


No comments:

Post a Comment