Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What To Do When You Get A Printer!


First of all-- COUPONING!  However, when your dreams of saving millions of dollars are quickly dashed (as you realize that sites require you to download their 'printers' where a box then comes up, saying that your settings are blocking your 50-cents off International Delight Creamer coupon from printing (and you don't know how to reconfigure something called Java), you look for other things to do with it instead.

The other day, I went out and purchased an HP Series 2050 printer for $39.99.  (There was another one that was $29.99, but I thought I'd get a more deluxe model.)  After nine years sans printer, these things have changed!  As in scanning!  I didn't know these things could do that now.  So I was scanning old pictures and printing them out, and all of these other things.  And then...

I ran out of ink.

But that was alright.  Yesterday was my birthday, and my husband (who didn't do anything for me this year-- just like last year, when he went out shopping with his mother that day...  oops.  Sorry.  That would be under the 'ranting' tab I have on here.  But really.  I've been wanting a Coach purse for the past five years.  And here he was last night, eating a hot pocket in front of the tv, which signaled no birthday dinner...), could buy me a $13.99 replacement cartridge).  So all's well at the moment.  (That is, until the color cartridge starts giving me issues.)

Anyways...

I'm trying really hard not to make my place go down 'Scrapbook Alley'.  But it's hard, when I've got all this extra paper and whatnots on hand, and then come across a loose board in a box (when my husband got bored, and tried a 20-minute stint at woodburning a couple of years ago, and it didn't turn out like the masterpiece he thought it would).

(It was similar to that depicted below, but a rectangular one.  I just didn't take a pic of it, because my camera was dead, and like I mentioned it was part of my husband's project, where there was a goofy looking picture of a rabbit and a duck that he attempted, before tossing the $40 purchase in his toolbox and never touching it again.)


But I painted the edges of it, and used some of that Martha Stewart decoupaging glue to fasten a sheet of scrapbook paper onto it.  Having done so, I wanted to add a printed picture of something I got off of an art site.  However, it just didn't look right, and I peeled it off-- taking pieces of the $1.99 scrapbook paper off with it!  I didn't fret though-- if you look at it, it's starting to give off a shabby appeal-- like peeling vintage wallpaper:



After finding and printing off a piece that I thought wouldn't look too bad, I proceded in decoupaging tissue paper (to match the blue in my home), onto the white areas of the paper.  Then, I went on, decoupaging the print onto the board:





You can go the next level up, and apply that lacquer glaze (that they sell for about $10 and up).  But since I haven't attempted anything like that yet, I am not really ready to try on this project.  (I might later on.)

But just an idea of what to do with some leftover whatnots...

504 Main



 

No comments:

Post a Comment